Fabulous Fam Trips
Two familiarisation trips will run on Monday 24th February, the day prior to the show.
With over 45 diverse exhibitors signed up for the show, we are looking forward to a busy and lively event on 25th February at the wonderful Monastery in Manchester.
Two educational trips – organised by Marketing Manchester and Marketing Lancashire – will take place on the day before the show. They will give you first hand insights into what’s available for your groups.
- Arrive at Lancaster railway station. Pick-up by Greatdays coach. Attendees can load their luggage onto the coach.
- Guided tour at Lancaster Castle - the Queen’s castle in the North and is one of the UK’s most significant historic monuments. Visitors can learn about the Pendle witches, try out a medieval prison cell for size and view Europe’s most extensive collections of heraldic shields.
- Cruise & lunch with Canal Boat Cruises, Riley Green.
- Guided tour of Samlesbury Hall followed by tea/coffee and scones. Built in 1325, Samlesbury Hall is steeped in fascinating history, retaining its original typical black and white exterior.
- Drive to and drop-off at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel, Manchester.
- Pre-dinner drink.
- Three-course dinner with wine.
- Participants are invited to join a talk by a Greatdays guide about Manchester’s music history.
- Arrive at Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel or Piccadilly train station. Board the Greatdays bus.
- Light buffet lunch sponsored by Malmaison.
- Greatdays 90-minute “Secrets of Manchester” double-decker bus tour with live commentary from a guide. Listen to unusual tales and curiosities as you travel through Manchester’s busy streets. Find out where Mr. Rolls met Mr. Royce, why Manchester was the first modern city and where the famous juice drink ‘Vimto’ was invented! The tour features over 100 facts and see key sights such as the Free Trade Hall, Central Library, Pankhurst Centre, Chetham’s Library, and Manchester Cathedral.
- Visit the Museum of Science and Industry. Enjoy a meet-and-greet, with a brief tour and free time to explore.
- Transfer to Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel.
- Pre-dinner drink and dinner
- Talk by a Greatdays guide about Manchester’s music history, focusing on the 60s, 70s and 80s.
How to book your Fam Trip
There are 28 places on each fam trip and GTOs can book a maximum of two tickets.
The cost is £49 per person, which includes overnight accommodation and breakfast at the Mercure Manchester Piccadilly Hotel with a three-course dinner with wine and one pre-dinner drink.
GTOs can apply online whilst registrating for the show. Successful readers will be notified and advised about payment, cancellation period and where to meet, and we will ask for dietary requirements.
If you have special access requirements please ask when registering to attend.
Failure to advise of cancellations could result in loss of the registration fee and exclusion from future Readers’ Events.
Greatdays Travel is offering GTOs who attend the Fam Trip, and go on to book a tour or day trip with them in 2020, a Greatdays Travel voucher per booking for £49, valid for any short break to Manchester with a minimum one night stay, and a group of a minimum of 20 persons.
See Manchester by bus or bike!
Greatdays Travel is offering free tickets for the Manchester Sightseeing bus tour on Sunday afternoon (23 February) for any people attending the show, and Manchester Bike Hire is offering a free cycling mini-fam trip on the day of the show. Keep an eye out for further details.